Problem-solution advertising through and through, scanned in from a German magazine:
But somehow this is so blatant, it’s corny. OK, the target market is clear. OK, it clearly shows the “brand benefit”. OK it’s encouraging men to drink this alcoholic beverage and not just women. But do me a favour.
Actually, under new guidelines in the UK, this advertising would now be forbidden. According to the Advertising Standards Authority website (ASA), alcohol ads should not
* encourage excessive drinking
* feature those who are, or appear to be, under the age of 25
* place undue emphasis on alcoholic strength
* suggest that drinking is essential to social success or acceptance
* suggest that drink can contribute to sexual appeal
Oops! Get the drink, but get a new idea!