Well if this isn’t official, what is:
The world of blogs, mashups, podcasting, RSS, social networking, widgets and wikis is set to hit global marketing, big time. So when are German companies going to wake up to this…? Or have they done so already?
I decided to search for signs of Web 2.0ism at five big names in Germany, the first that came mind.
- Siemens, yes, RSS newsfeeds from the press room: http://siemens.pressenewsletter.com/user/rssinfo.jsp
- BMW, yes, a podcast (nice!): http://podcast.bmw.com/de/
- Opel, er… a wiki – and it’s not theirs: http://www.opel-wiki.de. But no, they have also discovered podcasts: http://opel.de/experience/podcast/current/podcasts.act, and have RSS
- SAP. Have also had the wiki idea hijacked, but they do have RSS: http://www.sap.com/germany/about/press/rss-newsletter.epx
- Daimler. Yip, they’re bloggin: http://blog.daimler.de/
But of course I’ve gone for the big boys here. What about the smaller companies… we’ll see